[Insight-users] Geodesic Active Contours Segmentation with Shape Guidance

Steffi Meyer saufi25 at web.de
Mon Feb 6 06:43:58 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the geodesic active contours. In 2D,

meanShapeReader->SetFileName( argv[13] );

this argv[13] is a filename (e.g. geodesic.tiff), which contains a
segmented object e.g. liver (object white, background black). And

fileNamesCreator->SetSeriesFormat( argv[15] );

which SeriesFormat? At the moment I use fileNamesCreator->SetSeriesFormat("E:\\shape%d.tiff").
Is this right? And in the loop of the original file I got a runtime error "Runtime error! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

for ( unsigned int k = 0; k < numberOfPCAModes; k++ )
    {
    ReaderType::Pointer shapeModeReader = ReaderType::New();
    shapeModeReader->SetFileName( shapeModeFileNames[k].c_str() );
    shapeModeReader->Update();
    shapeModeImages[k] = shapeModeReader->GetOutput();
    }

So I don't know exactly where the error is and if the assumptions with the .tiff files are correct.
Perhaps someone can help me with this. At the moment I want to try the 2D version and then extend it to 3D.