[Insight-users] SNAP modification?

Alex Chekholko alex.chekholko at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 17:45:37 EST 2006

Hi all,

For the images I'm working with, the ITK SNAP application works very
well.  However, I would like to modify it to add automatic seed
selection.  In our case, I'd like to place a bubble with radius=1 at
all points which have maximum intensity (or maybe highest 1% of
points).

The quick and dirty hack is to add some code in
InsightApplications/SNAP/UserInterface/MainComponents/UserInterfaceLogic.cxx
in the function
UserInterfaceLogic::OnAcceptInitializationAction()
and just make a new vector<Bubble> and have an iterator through the
whole volume that adds new bubbles according to the above criterion.

However, I am having a problem with initializing an iterator there
because I'm not too familiar with the C++ code and the templating.

Is this perhaps a useful feature for permanent addition to SNAP?  Is
there any easier way to go about making this modification?

Alex