[Insight-users] curve similarity

Mark Wyszomierski markww at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 16:11:06 EST 2006

Hi all,

Are there any classes available for characterizing curve similarity? I have
several sets of points, each of which defines a curve. I would like to see
which curves are most similar to eachother. I have something implemented to
do this, but it requires me to compare each point set with eachother.
Anytime I need to compare curves on the fly, I must reload all their points
for comparison, and it is quite time consuming.

Is there some method I could use to compare ALL my curve sets one single
time to some static 'model' curve, and derive some single 'similarity' label
for each? Then anytime I need to figure which curves in my groups are most
similar, I can simply compare their 'similarity' values and pick the closest
match.

Thanks for any ideas/class references,
Mark