[Insight-users] GDCM custom tag dictionary

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon Dec 18 15:46:54 EST 2006

Angela.Y Wang wrote:
> I am trying to read processed data in dicom file format and would like
> to create a GDCM dictionary for the private tags.  In a previous
> message, it was suggested to create a custom tag dictionary and put it
> in the GDCM search path.  Could somebody please tell me how to go about
> doing this?

Hi Angela,

	I have added an example on how to user dynamically loaded user defined
DICOM dictionary:

$ cvs ci -m"ENH: Add example on how to use a user defined dict"

/cvsroot/Insight/Insight/Examples/IO/DicomImageReadPrintTags.cxx,v  <--
  DicomImageReadPrintTags.cxx
/cvsroot/Insight/Insight/Examples/IO/itk.dic,v  <--  itk.dic
initial revision: 1.1

	You should be able to now type in:

$ ./bin/DicomImageReadPrintTags /path/to/012345.002.050
/path/to/Insight/Examples/IO/itk.dic

First argument is the DICOM file, second (optional) argument is a user
defined dictionary which should look like:

http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/Examples/IO/itk.dic?rev=1.1&root=Insight

HTH
Mathieu