[Insight-users] MinGW compile issue

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at imts.us
Mon Dec 18 08:24:52 EST 2006

In trying to figure out my previous problem I have discovered that
for ITK 2.8.1 and 3.0.0 when using either MinGW or MSYS as the
compile environment only static libraries are created even though I
select shared libs in CMakeSetup. Is this a known bug or are these
environments not supported for ITK?
   I took a loot at the Dashboards for ITK and the few systems that
are MinGW are not submitting Dashboards.

    Just some background on this. We are combining Qt opensource with
ITK for our apps. The open source edition of Qt only officially
supports MinGW as a compile system so this kinda forces our hand in
what compiler we have to use for Windows.

  I am also still "wet behind the ears" when it comes to C++ code so
maybe there is a technical reason that MinGW/Shared libraries are not
building.

Thanks for any help with this.
--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer