[Insight-users] anisotropic diffusion with separate images for smoothing and for diffusion

Torsten Rohlfing torsten at synapse.sri.com
Thu Dec 14 12:13:18 EST 2006

Hi --

I can't claim I ever understood anisotropic diffusion filtering, so this
may be a fairly stupid question. Here it goes.

Is it currently possible in ITK (i.e., without me hacking the code) to
run an AD filter that smoothes one image, but gets the gradients etc.
for control of the local diffusion speeds from a different, independent
image?

Thanks!
  Torsten

--
Torsten Rohlfing, PhD          SRI International, Neuroscience Program
 Research Scientist             333 Ravenswood Ave, Menlo Park, CA 94025

     "Though this be madness, yet there is a method in't"