[Insight-users] explicit ITK and shared libs

Julien Jomier julien.jomier at kitware.com
Tue Dec 5 12:59:51 EST 2006

Hi Marius,

After some research it appears that explicit instantiation with shared
libraries cannot work on Windows because VXL is not built with shared
libraries on windows. This results in duplicate symbols at the linking
stage. (I'm putting a warning message in the CMakeLists.txt)
It will take a long time to fix this issue and we will have to check
with VXL folks in order to include the modifications back into VXL.

You can try to compile your application using explicit instantiation and
shared libraries and if you are lucky it might work but the ITK tests
and examples are not linking at this point.

The other option is to use explicit instantiation with static libs on
windows.

Julien