[Insight-users] WrapITK and DICOM headers

Charl P. Botha cpbotha at cpbotha.net
Mon Dec 4 17:26:47 EST 2006

On 12/4/06, Gaëtan Lehmann <gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr> wrote:
> I never read dicom files, so I'm not sure to not say something abviously
> stupid :-)
> I think you may need the class itk::MetaDataDictionary. If that's the
> case, you will have to uncomment its declaration in
> Modules/Base/wrap_ITKCommonBase.cmake, and rebuild the module Base.
> It has been disabled because when building java, it produce some very long
> file names not supported by some systems. It shouldn't be a problem for you

The last time I tried, you could read single DICOM files.  However,
reading lists of files (with our without the gdcm filename helper) was
not really possible due to the version of Swig in CableSwig getting
confused with basic_string and string, thus resulting in the inability
to read or pass any strings from WrapITK / Python.

Good luck,
Charl