[Insight-users] RE: Example on Watershed Segmentation filter

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Fri Apr 28 02:00:25 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 22:08 +0000, Wong Shek Yoon wrote:

> Hi, I have successfully installed ITK and the example on Watershed
> Segmentation. however when I ran the code with the two sets of
> parameters given in ITKSoftwareGuide (Fig 9.12), only one set of
> parameters (conductance  =2.0, iterations = 10, threshold = 0.001,
> level =0.15, principal components =off) generated the image identical
> to the image given in Figure 9.12,  the other set of parameters
> (conductance  =2.0, iterations = 10, threshold = 0.0, level =0.05,
> principal components =on) gave irregular image.

Are you implying that the image is not consistent with the one in the
Software Guide ? I just checked and it is consistent.

In fact, the first few lines in the examples contain the following
lines:

//  Software Guide : BeginCommandLineArgs
//  INPUTS: {VisibleWomanEyeSlice.png}
//  OUTPUTS: {WatershedSegmentation1Output1.png}
//  2 10 0 0.05 1
//  Software Guide : EndCommandLineArgs
//  Software Guide : BeginCommandLineArgs
//  INPUTS: {VisibleWomanEyeSlice.png}
//  OUTPUTS: {WatershedSegmentation1Output2.png}
//  2 10 0.001 0.15 0
//  Software Guide : EndCommandLineArgs

These are parsed to automatically generate figures for the book, to
ensure that such inconstencies never creep in.
See:
http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/SoftwareGuide/Examples/RunExamples.pl?annotate=1.12&root=InsightDocuments