[Insight-users] Where is the Polygon Scan Converter?

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Fri Oct 21 15:49:36 EDT 2005

Frank,

The polygon scan converter code needed some work before it could be
incorporated into the toolkit. I tried to do it quickly before the
last release but couldn't finish it in time.  It currently crashes
when I try to use it.

I will try to get this operational and included in the toolkit for
the next release which is scheduled for the end of November.

A brute force way to do what you want is to construct a PolygonSpatialObject
and use a SpatialObjectToImageFilter to generate the initial implicit
function.  This is not very efficient when polygon is small relative
to the size of image, but it will do what you need.

Jim