[Insight-users] VersorRigid3dTransform

Martin Urschler martin at urschler.info
Tue Jun 28 03:30:27 EDT 2005

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for your answer.
There is one minor thing that I still don't understand. Shouldn't the
center of rotation have an effect on the translation parameters that are
used in a registration? Using the code I posted in my last message, the
registration would start at exactly the same point in the metric space
in both cases, independent of a specified center of rotation or not,
since the 6 parameter values areidentical. IMHO that can't be right. I
see now, that the transform has to be treated carefully when putting it
into the registration/optimization, however I think one will start at
different locations of the metric function with and without rotation
center... right?

thanks,
Martin

--
Martin Urschler
TU Graz - Institute for Computer Graphics & Vision