[Insight-users] about Level set

Yixun Liu yxliu at fudan.edu.cn
Mon Jun 27 03:04:08 EDT 2005

Hi,
I follow the example using ShapeDectionLevelSetImageFIlter in the ITKSoftwareGuide. The guide says that the output of this filter is a distance map. So I change the parameters of the binarythresholdfilter to validate it. Firstly, I set the lowerThershold -10, upperThreshold  0. Then I change the lowerThreshold to -60, upperThreshold remain 0. However, the segmented result is identical. If the output of the filter is a distance map, the segmented result should be different. I do not know why the results are same. Maybe due to the narrow band? Hope your help!

Regards,

Yixun Liu