[Insight-users] Do ImageToImageFilter subclasses copy meta-information to output by default?

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Sat Jun 25 11:58:39 EDT 2005

Hi Zach,

Update calls consists of 3 stages one of which is to update the output
information: UpdateOutputInformation().

The implementation of UpdateOutputInformation() in most subclasses of
DataObject (at least ImageBase) calls the ProcessObject's (the process
object that was responsible for generating this data object)
UpdateOutputInformation() method.

Since the process object connects two data objects, it is able to pass
meta-information from the input data object to the output. This is done
in in the ProcessObject's GenerateOutputInformation() method.
	output->CopyInformation(input);

You don't have to do this on a per filter level unless your
meta-information needs to be different.

-karthik