[Insight-users] wrap ITK, VTK and Tcl

laurent.paul at club-internet.fr laurent.paul at club-internet.fr
Fri Jun 24 09:01:00 EDT 2005

Re-Hi!

Excuse to reply myself but I think I have to explain what happens:
Indeed, I followed what you said in a previous message:

> >>1) Install the Java SDK 1.4.2
Ok, done. I uninstall any previous installed version of java and install the SDK 1.4.2 (the new version from June 6, 2005!)

> >>2) Download a CVS checkout of ITK
> >>   posterior to July 10 2004.
> >>   Just downloading it today will be ok.
I'm working with ITK 2.0.0

> >>3) Download CSwig from
> >>   http://www.itk.org/HTML/RelatedSoftware.htm
> >>   http://www.itk.org/HTML/CableSwig.html
> >>   and move the tree to be a subdirectory   of
> >>       Insight/Utilities
I had CSwig at the download pages of ITK because I lost the use of CVS! (I can't go to your cvs server?!). So I have CSwig 2.0.0 and paste it to the Utilities directory.

> >>4) Configure ITK using CMake.
> >>   Enable Shared libraries,
> >>   Disable Examples
> >>   Disable Testing
Ok!
> >>5) Load the ITK.dsw workspace in VisualStudio
> >>   (you are using VC++6.0). Build it, (it
> >>   should take less than 15 minutes).  Then
> >>   quit VisualStudio. You want to do this
> >>   build for "Release" not for "Debug".
Ok!
> >>6) Rerun CMake, pass to "Advanced" mode
> >>   and enable
> >>        ITK_CSWIG_JAVA
> >>   configure, and generate the project.
> >>   Make sure that the following variables
> >>   are set correctly:
> >>    JAVA_COMMAND
> >>    JAVA_ARCHIVE
> >>    JAVA_COMPILE
> >>    JAVA_INCLUDE_PATH
> >>    JAVA_RUN_TIME
OK but Cmake asked me for CableSwig_DIR where is CableSwigConfig.cmake. This file doesn't exist. I have a CableSwigConfig.cmake.in instead. So I renamed this file to CableSwigConfig.cmake.
Cmake doens't complain anymore.
> >>7) Load again the ITK.dsw.
> >>   Make sure that you select "Release"
> >>   as the configuration option.
> >>   Then start building it.
> >>
> >>   This will take a while,... so you
> >>   can go for lunch or start reading
> >>   that paper that has been waiting in
> >>   your desk   :-)
There, I got an error.
I tried without java wrapped (only Tcl) and it gives me the following one:
--------------------Configuration: SwigRuntimeTcl - Win32 Release--------------------
Build : warning : failed to (or don't know how to) build 'C:\lib\ITK200\bin\Wrapping\CSwig\SwigRuntime\@CableSwig_gccxml_EXE_CONFIG@'
Building Custom Rule C:\lib\ITK200\ITK\Wrapping\CSwig\SwigRuntime\swigrun.h
'CableSwig_gccxml_EXE_CONFIG@' n'est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne
ou externe, un programme ex‚cutable ou un fichier de commandes.
Error executing c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe.

ALL_BUILD - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)

My problem comes from CSwig... How can I solve that?
Where is the CableSwigConfig.cmake file?

Thanks for your help,

Laurent.