[Insight-users] SOViewer and Spatial Objects

Gavin Baker gavinb+xtk at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Jun 24 08:55:37 EDT 2005

Hello Monica,

On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 10:25:16AM +0200, gemo at tele.ucl.ac.be wrote:
> Hello,
> I have just joined the list!

Welcome!

> I want to use ITK spatial objects and VTK to visualize them.
>
> I downloaded SOViewer as it includes support for VTK, but when recompiling
> the all of it itkBoxSpatialObject seems to be missing. I have installed
> ITK realese 2.0.1.

The itkBoxSpatialObject class was added after the ITK 2.0.1 release, and is
currently only available via CVS.  Recent versions of SOViewer depend on
this new code, so you will need to get a recent CVS version of ITK itself.

You can do an anonymous checkout of CVS with the following commands:

  % cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at www.itk.org:/cvsroot/Insight login

Simply press [Return] to enter a blank password when prompted.  Then, from
your working directory:

  % cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at www.itk.org:/cvsroot/Insight co Insight

It is a good idea to check the ITK Dashboard, which posts results of nightly
and continuous builds, to ensure your CVS checkout passes all tests:

  http://www.itk.org/HTML/Testing.htm

Just pick the most recent build that is all green, and use the "-D" option
to "cvs co" to specify the date you wish to check out.

There's lots of resources on the ITK website, be sure to check out the
Welcome page if you haven't already found it.  Please let us know if you
have any problems.

Best regards,

  :: Gavin

--
Gavin Baker                                      Complex Systems Group
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~gavinb             The University of Melbourne