[Insight-users] curious problem with itkLinearInterpolateFunction

s.yang at dkfz-heidelberg.de s.yang at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Thu Jun 23 08:39:34 EDT 2005

It 's right as you said, if i use NNInterploator.
but I 've still a question independend on any applications,
After a linear interpolation there is no reason to obtain a pixel with value 254
, whose neighborhoods are all 255. It can not be unterstood in mathematical sense.
I guess, that something ist not optimal in the function
EvaluateAtContinuousIndex(..), e.g using static_cast.

this story looks just like so:

255--------------255
 |  255 ----- 255  |
 |  255 ----- 255  |

according to the definition of linear interpolation, x should be 255 everywhere
within its neighborhood. but actually it is 254. so e.g it may result in
gradient with non zero, or other undesireble effects.

best wishes

Siwei