[Insight-users] BSplineInterpolateImageFunction - setting input image and performace questions

Jakub Bican jakub.bican at matfyz.cz
Wed Jun 22 04:49:51 EDT 2005

Hello,

i am using BSplineInterpolateImageFunction to interpolate my 3D image
during its resample.

One thing i am considering is the SetInputImage() method - should i call
it each times, when the input to the ResampleImageFilter changes? Or is
it called by the filter?
Doxygen docs says "This must be set by the user." but i looked in the
code and i think that it is called by the filter but i am not sure. Some
other docs (tutorial) says, that the method is called when the pipeline
is connected - but i think, that it should be called whenever the input
changes!

The other thing is performance. Does the spline order has considerable
effect on the performance?
I am using default order (3) and the resampling process takes about
7-times longer than if i use LinearInterpolateImageFunction. Is this
expectable?

Thanks in advance ;)

Regards,

	Jakub