[Insight-users] Automate Region of Interest

mayuri Narayan contactmayuri at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 15:21:16 EDT 2005

Hello everyone,

I am trying to implement some algorithms on medical images (grayscale) using ITK. What I find in these images is that they contain some edge boundaries, the film number and the names of the views and other artifacts. Can anyone suggest a generic procedure by which I can get rid of these artifacts? By using MathematicalMorphologyErosion, I was able to get rid of the letters and numbers in the film but I obviously lose the information in the actual region of interest which is not desirable. Any help in this matter is appreciated.

Thanks
-Mayuri