[Insight-users] ITK deformation fields

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jun 16 09:56:29 EDT 2005

Hi Vishal,

Please see the section on "Reading Writing Vector Images"
in the ITK Software Guide

     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

and also look at the section on the Deformable registraion.

It comes down to:

     typedef itk::Vector< float, 3  > VectorPixelType;
     typedef itk::Image< VectorPixelType, 3 > VectorImageType;
     typedef itk::ImageFileReader< VectorImageType > ReaderType;

     reader->SetFileName("deformationField.mhd");

     reader->Update();

     VectorImageType::ConstPointer field =
                                     reader->GetOutput();