[Insight-users] Runtime Error in itkAntiAliasBinaryImageFilter.

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Wed Jun 15 08:45:25 EDT 2005

Unless you are running the server editions of Windows, a single process
can only address around 1 GB of memory. This is regardless of how much
physical or virtual memory you have.

Reportedly, if you have the server editions of Windows, you can change
a few settings to allow a single process to address around 2GB.

For stock linux distributions, I think the limit is around 3GB.

You may be able to reduce the amount of memory your application is using
by making use of the ReleaseDataFlag on upstream filters. You could also
change the pixel type you are operating on (if your are using double, try
float).

Some ITK filters can stream data which reduces the amount of memory a
process needs.  But the AnitAliasBinaryImageFilter is part of the
finite difference framework which requires all the data.

Jim