[Insight-users] itkOtsuMultipleThresholdCalculator.txx

Jaehne Marion marion.jaehne at igd.fhg.de
Mon Jun 13 05:00:30 EDT 2005

Hi everybody,

I take a look at the template class
itkOtsuMultipleThresholdCalculator.txx to understand the way the otsu
thresholds will be computed. More <se?lp=ende&p=/Mn4k.&search=more>
precisely, I'm interested in how the between class variance is computed.
<se?lp=ende&p=/Mn4k.&search=precisely>Did I understand it right that
they the between class variance is computed like

classFrequency[0]*(mean - classMean[0])^2 + ...+ classFrequency[j]*(mean
- classMean[j])^2

where j is the number of thresholds?

In the class itkOtsuMultipleThresholdsImageFilter, is there any chance
to get all values of the between class variance, not only the maxima
which correspond to the optimal thresholds?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Marion