[Insight-users] MICCAI 2005 Open Source Workshop

Stephen R. Aylward aylward at unc.edu
Fri Jun 10 22:19:44 EDT 2005

	The Insight Software Consortium (ISC)
		and
	The National Aliance for Medical Image Computing (NA-MIC)

are hosting a one-day MICCAI workshop (mini-conference) that will
feature oral and poster presentations on open-source toolkits and
applications and their uses in medical image analysis.

We strongly encourage researchers with papers accepted at MICCAI to
submit companion papers on the role of open-source software in their
MICCAI research.   Papers related to medical image analysis research not
presented at MICCAI are also welcome!

*** RESERVE THE DATE ***

ISC / NA-MIC / MICCAI Workshop on Open-Source Software
Sunday, October 30th
8:30am - 6:00pm
MICCAI Conference Hotel (Riviera Resort)

*** PLAN YOUR SUBMISSION ***

Papers will be peer-reviewed.  Papers will be selected for oral or
poster presentation at the workshop.   Accepted papers will be published
in the upcoming Insight Software e-Journal.

Paper due date: July 31, 2005 (NO EXTENSIONS!)

Notification of decision: On or about August 22, 2005

Paper format:  Please use the MICCAI paper template for your submission.
To ensure quality reviews, we recommend that papers be approximately
four to five pages.

*** ATTEND ***

Our goal is to make this conference "nearly free."   We expect the fee
to be under $50, but the final price has not been set.   One author from
each accepted paper will have attendance fees waived.

*** THANKS ***

This workshop is being co-chaired by
	Dr. Stephen Aylward (aylward at unc.edu)
	Dr. Tina Kapur (tkapur at epiphanymedical.com)
	Dr. Luis Ibanex (luis.ibanez at kitware.com)

This workshop is being sponsored by
	The National Library of Medicine
	The NA-MIC / NIH Roadmap
	The MICCAI Society

Dr. Stephen R. Aylward
Associate Professor of Radiology
Adjunct Associate Professor of Computer Science and Surgery
http://caddlab.rad.unc.edu
aylward at unc.edu
(919) 966-9695