[Insight-users] How to get mean shape image instead of vector in itkActiveShapeModelCalculator

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 9 14:17:26 EDT 2005

Aah, I see now; sorry for the misunderstanding!

Perhaps the SpatialObject hierarchy (which you can read about in the
ITK software guide) would allow you to take a list of the landmark
points, connect them into a polygon or surface, and then either
rasterize that to an image, or just use the spatial object as is?

Zach

On Jun 9, 2005, at 1:15 AM, <kingaza at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Zachary,
>

> Yes, I had some experiece in ASM/AAM before I use itk, and i am so
> excited seeing this implementation, that i can use it in itk.
> now my quesiton is how to generation a image from the shape vetcor in
> itk. I have done it by using excel, but the work is so weary.
>
> On 6/9/05, Zachary Pincus <zpincus at stanford.edu> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> As I mentioned in an earlier email, I believe the
>> ActiveShapeModelCalculator class calculates LANDMARK-BASED, not
>> IMAGE-BASED shape models. Please read the papers referred to in the
>> header documentation of the itkActiveShapeModelCalculator, and the
>> Leventon paper that I also referred to earlier, if you want to grasp
>> the differences between these approaches.
>>
>> The mean shape information returned by the ActiveShapeModelCalculator
>> (as described in its documentation) is a list of landmark points. To
>> get image-based shape models, you need to feed signed distance maps
>> into an ImagePCAShapeModelEstimator.
>>
>> Zach Pincus
>>

>> On Jun 7, 2005, at 9:53 AM, <kingaza at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> the class itkActiveShapeModelCalculator provide a method
>>> GetMeanShape(), and its return value type is VectorOfDoubleType,
>>> but i want to obtain an image. how can i implement?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Kingaza