[Insight-users] ImageFileWriter with .img extension fails in windows

Bitter, Ingmar (NIH/CC/DRD) IBitter at cc.nih.gov
Thu Jun 9 10:07:25 EDT 2005

Hi,

The code below works fine in linux, but fails* in windows, any idea why?
PS: We still have a few issues before we can update to a current version of
ITK, so I hope this writer has not changed between version 1.6 and now.

* fails = the .hdr file is a proper ascii header info file in linux, in
windows a binary file is created instead and I can not read the data back in
using that binary header.

typedef itk::ImageFileWriter< FloatImageType >  WriterType;
WriterType::Pointer writer = WriterType::New();
writer->SetFileName("levelSetVolume.img");
writer->SetInput(LevelSetOutput);
writer->Update();

Ingmar Bitter