[Insight-users] ITK 2.0.1 compile problems on OSX 10.3

Matthias Schabel mschabel at ucair.med.utah.edu
Wed Jun 8 20:14:20 EDT 2005

Hi,

I've been taking a look at ITK for development of software for
processing dynamic MRI data and it appears to have much of the
functionality I'm interested in, which makes it quite attractive.
Unfortunately, I am running into a number of problems compiling it
on  OSX - when I run ccmake and try to configure variables, I get a
bunch of regex errors : in particular, here's the setup :

ITK installed in ~/Code/C++/ITK/InsightToolkit-2.0.1

cd ~/Code/C++/ITK/InsightToolkit-2.0.1
mkdir bin
cd bin
ccmake ..

Here, the BUILD_EXAMPLES       ON is highlighted, so I type c and
get  the following error two times after about 65% :
RegularExpression::compile(): Nested *?+. Error in compile

If I ignore this and type g to generate it appears to go along
alright.  However, if I then go

cd ..
make

I get a bunch of libraries to successfully compile and show up as
dylibs in the bin directory.  However, when it gets to the VNL
library, it crashes with the following error:

Building dependencies. cmake.depends...
/Users/mschabel/Code/C++/ITK/InsightToolkit-2.0.1/Utilities/vxl/core/
vnl: building default_target
Building dependencies. cmake.depends...
Building shared library /Users/mschabel/Code/C++/ITK/
InsightToolkit-2.0.1/bin/libitkvnl.dylib...
ld: vnl_math.o illegal reference for -dynamic code (section
difference reference from section (__TEXT,__eh_frame) relocation
entry (0) to symbol: ___isnan defined in dylib: /usr/lib/libm.dylib)
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[9]: *** [/Users/mschabel/Code/C++/ITK/InsightToolkit-2.0.1/bin/
libitkvnl.dylib] Error 1
make[8]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[7]: *** [default_target_vnl] Error 2
make[6]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[5]: *** [default_target_core] Error 2
make[4]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[3]: *** [default_target_vxl] Error 2
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_Utilities] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

Any idea where I might be going wrong? BTW, I installed from the
cmake-2.0.5-osx.dmg...

Thanks,

Matthias

---------------------------
Matthias Schabel, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Radiology
Utah Center for Advanced Imaging Research
729 Arapeen Drive
Salt Lake City, UT  84108
801-587-9413 (work)
801-585-3592 (fax)
801-706-5760 (cell)
801-484-0811 (home)
matthias dot schabel at hsc dot utah dot edu