[Insight-users] How to get mean shape image instead of vector in itkActiveShapeModelCalculator

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Wed Jun 8 14:16:26 EDT 2005

Hello,

As I mentioned in an earlier email, I believe the
ActiveShapeModelCalculator class calculates LANDMARK-BASED, not
IMAGE-BASED shape models. Please read the papers referred to in the
header documentation of the itkActiveShapeModelCalculator, and the
Leventon paper that I also referred to earlier, if you want to grasp
the differences between these approaches.

The mean shape information returned by the ActiveShapeModelCalculator
(as described in its documentation) is a list of landmark points. To
get image-based shape models, you need to feed signed distance maps
into an ImagePCAShapeModelEstimator.

Zach Pincus