[Insight-users] Question: Deformation fields

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Fri Jun 3 19:27:44 EDT 2005

It is infact there in the SWGuide. Look at the 2.0 draft version. at
http://itk.org/HTML/Documentation.htm. Page 366 Sec 8.14.

Here's how to visualize 2D fields.

1. Load the image in Paraview.
2. Click on Filter->Calculator
Specify an equation to create vector data from 2 component images:
        iHat*ImageFile_0+jHat*ImageFile_1
[ ImageFile_0 and ImageFile_1 are the two components of the field. You
will find them in the Scalars button the Calculator widget ]
3. Filter->Glyph     [ You may want to reduce the maximum number of
glyphs from the default 5000 to 500 or some number less dense ]

karthik