[Insight-users] DiffusionTensor3D and interpolation

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Thu Jun 2 16:37:56 EDT 2005

Jeffrey,

I am not sure what the correct answer is. Its based on Torsten and your
contributions, so you know the best answer. But here's the issue anyway.

SymmetricSecondRankTensor and DiffusionTensor3D classes are meant to
represent 2D matrices and fake fixed arrays cause they are symmetric. As
of the now the API that they provide is consistent with 2D matrices and
not vectors (or fixedarrays). VectorInterpolateImageFunction assumes
that the data is a FixedArray. So deriving from
VectorInterpolateImageFunction may not be appropriate. Just an opinion...

karthik