[Insight-users] Demons deformable Registration: initialization and RoI

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Thu Jun 2 13:44:20 EDT 2005

Hi Jan,

1. I don't think its worth representing an affine or similarity
transform with BSplines. I don't think this is even possible. You might
just use the transformed image from the first stage as the initial image
for new registration as in (c). Maybe I am wrong here.

2. Yes it is possible to set the region of interest if you are using
BSplineDeformableTransform

You could use the methods:
ImageRegistrationMethod->SetFixedImageRegion()
metric->SetFixedImageMask(), SetFixedImageRegion, SetMovingImageMask()

Effectively the metric iterator iterates over each pixel in the Fixed
image that is both the FixedImageMask and the FixedImageRegion specified
and that also after transformation maps into the mask specified through
the SetMovingImageMask().

I don't see how you could do it with Demons other than your suggestion 2(b).

Thanks
regards
karthik