[Insight-users] Unzipping latest ITK release 2.0.0

Padfield, Dirk R (Research) padfield at research.ge.com
Thu Feb 24 14:33:00 EST 2005

Hello Everyone,
	I have a problem and solution to post.  The other day, I downloaded the latest ITK release "InsightToolkit-2.0.0.tar.gz" from the ITK download site.  When I untarred and unzipped it, I got many errors, and when I then tried to run CMake, I had to turn "BUILD_TESTING" off because there were so many errors with files that ended in "Test".  I finally realized that the problem was with "pkzip"; it seems to have trouble with long file names.  When I downloaded "winzip" instead and used that to untar and unzip the files, it worked fine!  And CMake also had no problems.  So, if you have similar problems and you are using pkzip, switch to winzip.
	Good luck!
	Dirk.