[Insight-users] Morphological Filter boundary condition and kernel size

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Mon Feb 14 14:16:39 EST 2005

Hi Quan,

Did you try it on the images in
Testing/Data/Baseline/Baseline/BasicFilters/itkGrayscaleFunction*.mha.
The filter in the testing repository did not seem to change the origin
of the image. Try adding a line such as "Offset = 0 0" to one of the mha
images to check. Maybe I am wrong.

Did you imply that you would rather have the image change in size, due
to dilation operation. Currently due to the way boundary conditions are
defined on the neighborhood iterators, the image doesn't really change
in size and is assumed to have 0 outside the bounds.
Although I am still confused cause opening/closing closing operations
shouldn't change the size of the image.

Thanks
Karthik