[Insight-users] Writing mesh to Metafile

Dominique Zosso zosso at tele.ucl.ac.be
Thu Dec 8 12:28:05 EST 2005

Hi Julien,

Thank you for your quick response.

As mentioned, the itkIndexedTriangleMesh is being developed and maintained
by Tobias Heiman, so I think it's up to him to contribute whenever he
considers this appropriate.

Your second point is a more straightforward solution for my application. In
fact, the CellLinks (so the only information contained in the "Improved"
mesh) can easily be rebuilt from the normal Boundary Assignments contained
in the classical mesh. Therefore, there is no critical data loss when
casting the itkIndexedTriangleMesh into a normal itkMesh for saving, as the
reverse casting can be done when reading the mesh lateron.

I'll try this at once.

Thank you,
Dominique