[Insight-users] Re: [Insight-developers] How to Cmake itk

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Sep 4 12:17:30 EDT 2004

Hi Yonggang,

Welcome to ITK !!

Please follow the instructions in the Welcoming package.

      http://www.itk.org/HTML/Welcome.htm

In particular follow the recommended tutorial on how to
get started with ITK

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStartedI-WebPage/img0.html

This tutorial explains how to download ITK, download CMake,
configure ITK with CMake, build ITK, and how to start your
own project that uses ITK.

Note that instead of ITK 1.6 and CMake 1.8, you probably want
to start with the newer versions ITK 1.8 and CMake 2.0.

Note that you dont need FLTK for using ITK.
FLTK is only used by some demo applications
that are distributed as additional material to ITK.

The full set of Tutorials is available at

     http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

and the Software Guide is available at

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf