[Insight-users] Slice orientation determination (DICOM)

Simon Harris s.j.harris at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Sep 2 10:35:03 EDT 2004

I'm beginning to have some success loading DICOM data into
my own code now with ITK. The datasets I have typically
consist of about 4 or 5 series UIDs (we had multi-slice
spacing images, with different regions of the body having
different slice thicknesses and hence are different
series)

Now, one of the series in the set will be the scanogram
image (typically consists of a short sequence of images).
Is there an easy way to identify this series automatically
as different from the normal slices?

I was hoping for an image orientation member variable I
could interrogate but unless I've just looked in the wrong
place I can't see one. I'm sure there must be a simple way
that I've just overlooked.

Many thanks
Simon.