[Insight-users] DescentDirection parameter for deformable registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Nov 30 22:51:09 EST 2004

Hi George,

When you use Mutual Information you want to *Maximize* it.

When you use Normalized Cross Correlation you want to *Maximize* it too.

You may want to look at the descriptions of the Metrics in
the Registration chapter of the ITK Software Guide, as well
as the registration Chapter of the theory book "Insight into
Images".