[Insight-users] EM segmentation with MRF

Jimmy Wong good_piggy at msn.com
Mon Nov 29 22:17:14 EST 2004

Hi, dear insight-users,

If I want to simulate the image segmentation by using EM algorithm, Gaussian
Mixture Model and Markov Random Filed, is any template available for this,
no matter it is test version or not?

Another thing is, if I segment the image via a particular method, then what
I have are the class labels? What kind of container I should use to store
the labels if I want to use these labels in ITK toolkit for displaying
segmented image, or constructing a mask or something like that?

You know, the particular algorithm or function is written by me, but I want
it to be  compatible with ITK.

In a word, the second question is: for segmentation, we mainly treat with
the intensity value? How can I extract the intensity value from the
ImageReader or Image type data? And how can I recover the segmentation
information or reuse the labels in ITK again? What kind of data structures
should I use for the intensity value and class labels.

Thank you very much.

Zhimin