[Insight-users] Hello World!

Satrish.S ssatson at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 22:51:29 EST 2004

Hi,

First of all, I'm newbie to Linux environment.
I have downloaded the all the toolkits (ITK 1.8, VTK
4.2 & FLTK 1.1.4) and CMake required for my research.
Now, I have lost the direction and confuse which
toolkits to start off first.

I've configured the .bash_profile under my home
directory by adding:
export PATH=/../bin:$PATH (for CMake, ITK, VTK)
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/../bin:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH (for
ITK, VTK)

As for FLTK, I type "make" and a list of compiling
commands runs. This is as far I get, to setup all the
toolkits. Now I'm not sure whether I screw up the
installation process?

I read the Instructions on the web and getting use to
all Linux terms. Still I need some better guideline on
how to get a simple "Hello World!" program running.

Kind Rgrds,
Satrish