[Insight-users] What does 'This class in not thread safe' mean exactly?

Mark Wyszomierski markww at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 20:45:09 EST 2004

Hi all,

I am trying out the MultiResImageRegistration2 example. I wrote an app
that will use the register function in separate threads to register
more than 1 set of images at a time.

This application, when using the example in
MultiResImageRegistration2, will crash at random points. I read in the
itkMattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric documentation that this
class is not thread safe - does this mean I cannot use it in a
multithreaded app, and perhaps this is the cause of my crashes? (I
have been running other registration examples in multiple threads
without problems). I don't get any errors when the registration method
is launched, I'll just receive random crashes at random times!

Thanks!