[Insight-users] Re: CT or MR? How to know it from the DICOM header

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Wed Nov 24 16:00:51 EST 2004

Alam,

	I do not believe 'Modality' is a compulsary field. But you should
always be able to find the SOP Class Name from the DICOM Image:

http://imagerie.apteryx.fr/dicom/dicom_conformance.html

For instance you could find:

1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2 which is CT Image Storage

or

1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.4 which is MR Image Storage

HTH
Mathieu