[Insight-users] Patented Code does not compile and install

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Nov 16 19:01:28 EST 2004

Hi Jim,

Thanks for posting your VTK CMakeCache.txt file.

It looks fine.

At this point there are two thing that you want
to verify:

1) Go to the binary directory where you build VTK
    and check if the vtkPatented.dll is in there.
    Since you build it for RelWithDebInfo you will
    find it in a subdirectory   bin/RelWithDebInfo.

2) Then check the PATH environment variable in
    your system and make sure that in includes the
    directory where you just found the vtkPatented.dll
    file. DLLs must be in a directory in the PATH or
    they must be in the same directory as your executable.

If you are using WindowsXP you can set this path
by going to "My Computer" -> Properties -> Advanced.

Please let us know what you find.

,.....