[Insight-users] THe output of MI application

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Nov 15 23:15:39 EST 2004

Hi Weihua,

By "MI application" are you referring to

   A) InsightApplications/
           MultiResMIApplication

or to

   B) InsightApplications/
       LandmarkInitializedMutualInformationRegistration

or to

   C) InsightApplications/
           MutualinformationEuler2DRegistration

or to

   D) InsightApplications/
               MRIRegistration

          Please be more specific...

If you are referring to MultiResMIApplication, the Matrix is already
printed out directly from the file

     InsightApplications/
              MultiResMIApplication/
                               Common/
                                   MIMApplicationBase.txx

in line 157.

For an explanation of what the "Final Parameters" mean, please
read the ITK Software Guide

      http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

In particular the Chapter on Image Registration.  You will
find the description of the parameters for the AffineTransform
in section 8.7.12, pdf-page 304.

The AffineTransform is internally represented by a Matrix
and a Vector. The Matrix is not only a rotation matrix, because
an Affine Transform can also represent anisotropic scaling
and Shearing.

In order to understand the conversions done during the registration
process you *must* read the chapter on image resampling from the
ITK Software Guide. This is Section 6.7.1, pdf-page 199.

Reading this section will save you a lot of time and unnecessary
suffering.