[Insight-users] Patented Code does not compile and install

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Nov 15 18:43:16 EST 2004

Hi Jim,

Did you enabled the CMake variable

               VTK_USE_PATENTED

when you configured VTK  ?

Note that InsightApplications does not build VTK by itself.

You must make sure the you build VTK with PATENTED enabled.

If you continue experiencing any problem, please post to
the list the CMakeCache.txt file that CMake generates in
the binary directory where you built VTK.

If you are on Windows, it is a common mistake to build
VTK for Release with some options, then change the options
and recompile it only for Debug. (or the other way around).
Please make sure that you are building *ALL* the libraries
for the same compilation mode.