[Insight-users] Patented Code does not compile and install

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Nov 11 12:54:11 EST 2004

Hi Bear,

How did you arrived to the conlusion
that the Patented code does not:

            a) Compile  ?

            b) Install  ?

About (a),
There is nothing to compile,
since all the patented classes are templated:

> itkActiveShapeModelCalculator.h
> itkActiveShapeModelCalculator.txx
> itkActiveShapeModelGradientSearchMethod.h
> itkActiveShapeModelGradientSearchMethod.txx
> itkSimpleFuzzyConnectednessImageFilterBase.h
> itkSimpleFuzzyConnectednessImageFilterBase.txx
> itkSimpleFuzzyConnectednessRGBImageFilter.h
> itkSimpleFuzzyConnectednessRGBImageFilter.txx
> itkSimpleFuzzyConnectednessScalarImageFilter.h
> itkSimpleFuzzyConnectednessScalarImageFilter.txx
> itkVectorFuzzyConnectednessImageFilter.h
> itkVectorFuzzyConnectednessImageFilter.txx

They don't get compiled until you instantiate them in
your own project. Therefore you will not find any
"Patented" directory in the binary build.  Except for
the Testing and Examples.

About (b),
Did you verified the content of the "include" directory
where you are installing ITK ?

Please let us know so we can track any potential
configuration/installation bug.

NOTE that you are responsible for obtaining a license
      in order to use patented code, even if you are
      using it for research purposes.