[Insight-users] centerline algorithms

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Nov 10 17:50:13 EST 2004

Hi Ingmar,

We don't have any skeletonization algorithm at this point.

At least not for the classical mathematical morphology
approaches.

You can however find useful the filters that are used
for ridge extraction, since they can be applied for
detection of blood vessel centerlines.

You may want to take a look at the application

    /InsightApplications/
                  Curves2DExtractor

that is described in

   http://www.itk.org/HTML/Curve2DExtraction.htm

Please let us know if you have further questions,