[Insight-users] DeformableRegistration6 error

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Nov 10 09:35:40 EST 2004

Hi Kingaza,

The purpose of providing bounds (lower and upper) in this optimizer
is to constraint the size of the region to be explored in the
parametric space.

For example, if you are doing 2D Rigid Registration and you know that
for the particular images that you have, the rotation of the image must
be smaller than 10 degrees, then you can provide that information to the
optimizer in the form of

                angle lower bound = -10.0
                angle upper bound = +10.0

assuming that the angle is set explicitly as one of the array elements
in the parameters array of the Transform.

This is generally known as "constrained optimization".

Note that in addition to the upper/lower bound values, there is an
array passed to this optimizer that specifies whether a parameter is
bounded or not.

Please let us konw if you have further questions