[Insight-users] All zeros displacement field when using DeformableRegistration1

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Nov 8 19:21:11 EST 2004

Hi Barbara,

1) One possibility is that there may be a mismatch in
    the magnitude of the displacement vectors relative
    to the pixel spacing in the image.

    1.1)   Could you please post your code to the list
    1.2)   Please indicate the pixel spacing of your image
    1.3)   Please indicate the max values of the deformation field

    You may want to try setting the DefaultPixelValue() to something
    different from zero, in order to verify if what you are seeing
    is your image being mapped outside of the field of view or
    if there is an intensity corruption on the resampling.

2) FEM is fine for what you are doing.
    You could try BSplines too, both techniques are in principle ok
    for this application.

    Note that if the Vertebrae are really close in shape you may
    also want to try the Demons deformable registration and the
    LevelSet deformable registration.

Please let us know about the questions above,