[Insight-users] Convert the Image Format

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Nov 6 20:05:58 EST 2004

Hi Weihua,

You don't need to convert your JPEG files to MetaImage in order
to use the registration methods available in ITK.

You can read JPEG images directly using the ImageFileReader<>.

Any of the 2D examples in the ITK Software Guide can be
run using JPEG images as input. You can also use BMP, TIFF,
PNG, GPIL, VTK and Analyze.

Please read the IO chapter of the  Software Guide

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

and take a look at the Tutorial Sessions:

     http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

In particular the first session: "Getting Started I"

  http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStartedI-WebPage/index.htm

For a full list of the Image formats supported in ITK,
please take a look at the FAQ:

      http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

in particular to the entry:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ#What_3D_file_formats_can_ITK_import_and_export.3F