[Insight-users] Creating 3D volume

mf1 at tatramed.sk mf1 at tatramed.sk
Wed Nov 3 08:35:43 EST 2004

	Hello everybody,

	I'm new to ITK and struggle with what I guess must be a simple
problem:

	In my application, I have multiple 2D images (originally coming from
DICOM series). I want to create an itk::Image, 3-dimensional, from my data.

	What I do not know how to cope with, is how to use my image data
with its correct spatial position, and feed them into itk::Image. I'd know
how to cope with rectangular orientations, and even spacing. But what if my
data is oriented arbitrary (tilted), and not spaced evenly (now I mean
z-spacing, of course; x and y spacings are even)?

	I've had a look into ImageSeriesReader (which I think must be
solving this problem, as it can read in a DICOM image series), but found no
clue.

	Thanks for any help,
	Marek.