[Insight-users] ICP variants

Ferdinando Rodriguez y Baena ferdinando.rodriguez at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Nov 3 07:23:22 EST 2004

Dear Sam,

I have spent some considerable time trying to modify and adapt the simple
ICP mechanism provided by ITK to my purposes (3D pointset to surface
registration), but  without success. The Levenberg-Marquardt optimiser
provided is not the most suitable for this purpose, and there is no easy way
to modify it without getting into complex programming.
What you are trying to do is fairly straightforward if you implement your
own version of the method, using ITK's basic structures for convenience
(itkPointSet, itkMesh, etc.). I can give you a few pointers on how this can
be done if you wish.

Good luck.

Ferdinando

Let me know