[Insight-users] QT or FLTK for GUI for segmentation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon, 03 May 2004 11:59:57 -0400

Directly from the Qt web site:

Qt Licensing:
http://www.trolltech.com/products/licensing.html

There is an Educational license available Windows
(not for Unix):
http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/edulicense.html

There is an Academic license available for Unix, Mac, Windows.
This is not free, but has a discount.
http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/academiclicense.html

There is a Free version only for Unix/Linux:
http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/freelicense.html

Note that QPL is "Free" as in "Free Beer" not as in "Free Speech":

     http://www.trolltech.com/licenses/qpl-annotated.html

If you develop binary applications you *must* distribute
your source code with them.

This is less open than the licenses used by ITK, VTK and FLTK.